PLEASE READ THE NEXT TWO PAGES CAREFULLY!
COMMUNITY MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED!
A valid Family Community Association membership ($15 for residents, $30 for non-residents) is required and will be charged at time of registration. If you already have a valid community membership, you will receive a refund for the amount from your ECA. You may NOT play soccer without a current membership, as your child requires the insurance coverage to play. There are no exceptions possible. CA Memberships are non-refundable.
FEES & COSTS
Fees associated with soccer are related to hard costs associated with running the program. We try to work off break even. Costs for soccer include field rentals, field marking, uniforms, photos, medals, coach development, equipment (including nets, balls, whistles, and cones), web hosting/online payment service, port-o-potty rental. Once committed to a certain number of fields and nights of play, we sign a contract with the City and the cost of field rentals is non-refundable, regardless of whether we play or not. We based this year’s fee schedule on last year’s costs, and hope that we will break even. Given that we do not know how many children will register, or in what division, we have to make our best guess.
These costs are non-refundable and fixed, though we do try to minimize or reduce the costs and look for lower cost alternatives from year to year.
- Online registration is available 24/7, making it the most convenient way to register.
- ECA Soccer is a volunteer-based program. Parents either have to volunteer or purchase a non-refundable volunteer opt-out fee of $75. Volunteer positions are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- For the 2019 season, In-Person Registration is not being offered. If you need further assistance in this regard, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- If you are looking for financial assistance, please register with KidSport and/or JumpStart first and then use this option in our registration software as well. You will need their file number from your financial assistance institution.
First day of the 2019 season will be April 29, 2019; the last day of the program will be on June 20, 2019. The WindUp Party will be hosted on June 15, 2019 at the ECA.
For 2019, SoccerTech decided to continue with our volunteer requirements registration. Volunteer opportunities are on a first-come, first-served basis now. Once positions are filled, they will show as unavailable – families will not be able to access them any longer and will have to pick from the other opportunities or pay the non-refundable $75 volunteer opt-out fee.
The following volunteer positions are available:
- Co-Coaches – all coaches will be co-coaches this year to spread the load. (70 Volunteers)
- Team Managers – management of the team and its equipment, including pickup and return. (35 Volunteers)
- Age Group Coordinators – responsible for the day-to-day running of each age group on the field. Responsibilities include Welcome Day (helping everyone find their playing field and team), answering general questions of parents, directing teams to their scheduled event on the field, potential equipment replacement for any of the teams. (10 Volunteers)
- Photography Volunteer – assisting the dedicated photo organizer to organize teams and players for photoshoot. (10 Volunteers)
- Wind-Up Party – Game Stations, photo table, jersey donations, BBQ, etc. Setup and Teardown – all on June 15, 2019. (20 Volunteers)
Weather updates and cancellations will be found on the home page of our website in the Twitter feed by 4 pm on the day. Please also consider to sign up to our Twitter account to get up to date information.
PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT play or practice, if there is lightning! Soccer teams should not play/practice in extremely cold or wet weather, or if the fields have pooled water or snow. Inform the parents that all games/practices are on unless they hear from the team manager.
With the cost of registration, each player is entitled to
- A jersey kit to keep (this includes the jersey, shorts and socks – please read the information on the next page carefully!)
- A player and a team photo
- Medals (for U4 to U10)
- A soccer ball to keep (for U4 to U10)
- Soccer Wind-Up Party
- Technical skill training, designed and supplied by SoccerTech.
Children will see our technical coaching, led by our team of University of Calgary Dinos Players and their junior coaches.
Our program also supplies the line-marking, goals, and additional coaching equipment needed to run this program.
The program will not include jerseys for coaches.
Parent(s), or a designated caregiver, is required to be at the soccer field while a child is participating in soccer.
We believe that every child should have access to soccer in our community. There are a couple of programs to help those in financial hardship:
SoccerTech is happy to take KidSport or Jumpstart registrants – please register your child at KidSport/JumpStart first as you will need their file number to register with our PowerUp system. Both organizations will then direct deposit the fees into our account, upon approval.
Please note: if you should choose to register your child first in our program and fully pay for the child, we will not be able to apply KidSport or JumpStart funding against this purchase.
Children must play in the Age Group assigned to their year of birth. By parental request, a child can be moved up to an older age group, but NOT down. SoccerTech will make every effort to honour friend placement request, however, due to the size of the program, this cannot be guaranteed.
ECA U8 and U10 PROGRAM
Please note that for a more exciting league play, we might be adding teams from Arbour Lake, Varsity or Dalhousie to the program, especially since our programs are gender-specific. There is a slight possiblity that very minor travel might be involved three or four times in a season. Practices will always be at the home field and away games might happen up to four times in a season.
ABUSE OF ANY SORT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND WILL RESULT IN THE ECA AND SOCCERTECH REFUSING ENTRY INTO THE SOCCER PROGRAM OR TO ALLOW CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE SOCCER PROGRAM.